Frequently Asked Questions
- Q.What are the features of Naruto scissors?
A.One of our major features is the highly functional composite ride“Three-dimensional circular ride” that we have engineered over many years. So, our scissors have the high durability and smooth open /close.
Another major feature is the blade made by our craftsmen who have inherited and cultivated skills since the company was founded.
“Three-dimensional circular ride” and "our craftsmanship" makes our scissors withstand long-term use.
- Q.What are Naruto scissors made of?
A.Our scissors are made of the finest martensitic special alloy, which has high toughness and rigidity and resistant to rust and wear.
- Q.Please tell me how to purchase scissors.
A.If our distributor is in your country, please contact the distributor.
List of our overseas distributors>>
If our distributor is not in your country, please email us from the contact form.
- Q.Please tell me about the payment method?
A.We offer 2 methods of payment below.
・ Credit card payment (VISA, Master Card, JCB, AMEX, Diners)
・ Bank transfer (transfer fee paid by the customer)
- Q.How can I send my scissors for maintenance?
A.Please click the link [sharpning and adjustment]>>
- Q.How long does the maintenance take? How much does it cost?
A.We will ship back the maintenance scissors about 2 weeks after receiving your scissors at Naruto Scissors Factory.
※The maintenance period varies depending on the time of year and the maintenance detail.
For the costs, see [Sharpening and Adjustment Price]
- Q.Can I rent /borrow temporary scissors during the maintenance period?
A.We are sorry, Naruto Scissors does not lend out temporary scissors.
- Q.Why is it taking so long for maintenance?
A.Rather than mechanical automation work, we carefully sharpen and adjust each scissors by hand by skilled craftsmen. In addition, 2000-2500 scissors are sent from users all over the world every month. Therefore, it takes about 2 weeks for maintenance.
- Q.How often should I send for maintenance after purchase?
A.It depends greatly on the frequency of use and your daily care, but if you feel that the cutting quality isn't to your preference we recommend that you send it to Naruto Scissors Factory. For comfortable use, we recommend once every one to three years for maintenance. Daily care is important, so please see MAINTENANCE“Care of Scissors” and take care of your scissors every day.
- Q.How much oil should I use?
A.A very small amount is all you need. Using excessive oil may cause trouble.
- Q.Is it okay to send Naruto scissors sharpened by another company or myself to Naruto Scissors Factory?
A.You can send your Naruto scissors to our factory for sharpening. However, please refrain from sharpening by other companies or by yourself as it may lose the characteristics of our scissors.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.